Cost per recipe $6.94 view details
- 4 x egg whites
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Â Â Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 2 c. sifted cake flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 2/3 c. lowfat milk
- 3 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 x (16 ounce.) pkg. powdered sugar
- 1 x (7 ounce.) jar JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1/4 c. margarine or possibly butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour muffin tins or possibly dome shaped baking molds and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites in a clean bowl till stiff but not dry and place in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the batter.
- Cream the butter and add in the sugar. Continue mixing to blend well.
- Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon rind and mix well.
- Sift the flour 3 times with the baking pwdr then add in it to the butter mix alternately with the lowfat milk in 3 additions. Mix in the whites and pour the batter into the molds, filling about 3/4 of the way up. Bake for 20 to 25 min till batter is hard to the touch in the center. Let cold in the pans then turn out so the top becomes the bottom (you may need to trim them a bit so they sit flat).
- Frosting: Beat sugar, marshmallow creme, margarine or possibly butter and vanilla extract with electric mixer at medium speed, beating in lowfat milk as needed to desired frosting consistency.
- Place the coconut in a bowl and add in 1 drop of red or possibly green food coloring for a pale color. Toss till food coloring is well mixed in and the coconut is the desired color. Frost the top and sides of the cakes and dip/roll in coconut to make them look like snowballs.
- Hostess Snowballs 27
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1438g|
|Calories from Fat 1604||30%|
|Total Fat 184.35g||230%|
|Saturated Fat 105.66g||423%|
|Trans Fat 8.45g|
|Total Carbs 895.72g||239%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.9g||53%|