Cost per recipe $38.01 view details
- 2 c. Brown basmati rice
- 1/2 c. Wild rice
- 1/2 lb Frzn black-eyed peas
- 10 ounce Bag frzn mustard greens
- 10 ounce Bag frzn collard greens
- 5Â 1/2 c. Water
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 1 tsp To 1*Tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 can Stewed tomatoes with liquid
- This is a variation of something my grandmother used to make with h*m hocks. It's a long way from the original. This makes approx. 5 quarts., sufficient to freeze half or possibly feed a crowd.
- Put the water in the cooker, turn burner to high. Stir in spices. Rinse rices and put in cooker. Throw in black-eyed peas, greens, and stewed tomatoes. Bring to simmer with the top off, stirring occasionally, till frzn stuff has thawed somewhat and greens are separated. Lock the lid down, bring to high pressure. Cook at high pressure for 30 min, remove from heat and allow natural pressure release. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Tobasco sauce is a must on the table.
- I use an 8-quart.cooker, cut recipe in half if you use a smaller cooker.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3260g|
|Calories from Fat 126||6%|
|Total Fat 15.09g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.73g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 438.18g||117%|
|Dietary Fiber 46.7g||156%|