Cost per recipe $6.05 view details
- 2 cornish game hens (1-1 1/2 pound each)
- 1 ripe Honey Glaze
- 8 fresh mushrooms
- 2 med. zucchini and/or possibly yellow summer squash, halved crosswise & quartered lengthwise
- Rinse hens; pat dry with paper towels. If you like, sprinkle salt inside the body cavity. Pull neck skin to the back and fasten with small skewer. Tie drumsticks securely to the tail. Twist wing tips under the back. Place hens, breast up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover hens loosely with foil. Roast in a 375 degree oven for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare Honey Glaze. Place mushrooms and zucchini in a small baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 c. of the Honey Glaze over vegetables. Cover dish and place in oven next to hens. Remove foil from hens. Continue roasting about 45 min more or possibly till drumstick can be twisted easily in the socket and vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables from oven. Spoon remaining glaze over hens; roast 5 min more.
- To serve, place hens or possibly dinner plates; serve with vegetables and glaze. Serve with rice. Makes 2 servings.
- Honey Glaze: In a small saucepan cook 1/2 c. finely minced red sweet pepper and 1/4 c. finely minced onion in 1 Tbsp. butter till tender. Combine 1/4 c. apple juice and 1/2 tsp. cornstarch; add in to saucepan with 1 Tbsp. honey. Stir in 1/4 tsp. each of dry, crushed rosemary, marjoram, thyme and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook 2 min more. Remove from heat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 717g|
|Calories from Fat 269||54%|
|Total Fat 29.88g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 8.18g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.06g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|