Perfectly ripe honeydew melons are extraordinarily juicy and sweet. For these pops choose melons that have a high water content that are a little overripe. Honeydew is rich in vitamin C and potassium. Try layering the honeydew mixture with the watermelon and cantaloupe variations for beautiful pastel pops.
- 4 cups diced (1/2-inch cubes) ripe honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 3 limes
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Put 2 cups of the melon, the yogurt, and lime juice and zest in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Add the honey; process again to combine.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups melon.
- Fill the pop molds with the mixture. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the molds. Serve.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 234g|
|Calories from Fat 24||16%|
|Total Fat 2.75g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.73g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.38g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|