Cost per serving $1.03 view details
- 250 gm Rocket Leaves
- 1 head Lollo Rosso
- 2 x Breast of Barbary Duck
- 2 dsp Runny Honey
- 150 ml Soy Sauce
- 50 ml Sushi or possibly White Wine Vinegar
- 2 x Red Chillies, (minced)
- 1 x Lime, (juice)
- 1 dsp Veg. oil
- 1 tsp Paprika Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 1 inch Squar Fresh Root Ginger, (shredded)
- Â Â Fresh Chervil for Salad Garnish
- Â Â Fresh Coriander
- Â Â Salt and Pepper
- 1. Wash leaves and reserve.
- 2. Heat one STARTERspoon of honey in a warm frying pan with the veg. oil and paprika.
- 3. Season the duck breast and score with a sharp knife.
- 4. Sear the duck breast in the honey mix till golden brown (2 min - skin side into the pan) and turnover and sear other side.
- 5. Put duck breast in warm oven at Gas Mark 7 on a baking tray for 7 min, remove and allow to rest.
- 6. Whilst it is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- 7. Mixing together the soy, honey, vinegar, root ginger and juice of lime and minced chilli.
- 8. Heat the sauce to infuse all flavours (in a saucepan) and finally add in minced coriander.
- To Construct
- 9. Arrange leaves on plate and dress with a little extra virgin olive oil and season.
- 10. Carve duck breast into thin slices and arrange around leaves.
- 11. Pour the sauce over the duck and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||28%|
|Total Fat 2.34g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.19g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|