Cost per serving $0.23 view details
- 12 lb Bone-in Butt Ham Cloves
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325F. Place ham, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer in thickest part. Bake, uncovered, 2 hrs.
- 2. With sharp knife, remove skin, if any then score fat into 1-inch diamonds; stud each with a clove.
- 3. Combine honey, sugar, mustard and orange juice in 1-qt sauce pan. Over medium heat bring to a boil while stirring.
- 4. Brush half of honey glaze over ham; bake 30 min. Brush with rest of glaze; bake 30 min till golden brown and thermometer reads 130 degrees. Let stand 15 to 20 min before carving.
- Makes 18 to 20 servings.
- Comment:: Try a Butt Ham (about 15lbs.) Cook it about 3 hrs the day before you want to serve it. Let cold, bone it into 1x1 inch (bite size)
- chunks. Pour stock into container. set all in refrigerator. On day for dinner, simmer the Ham with about a Qt of water for about 2 hrs, drain all but about 8 ounces liquid into other stock. Add in the Glaze to Ham & simmer about 1 hour (stir occassionally), serve. Make gravy from stock if you like. Good Good Good....
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.79g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|