This is one of the first cakes I learned to make with my grandma, years and years ago. It is still requested in our home and by friends and family quite often.
You can add raisins, pecans, dried cranberries or cherries or just about anything you'd like. BUT it's delicious just the way it is. Watch out though, bet you can't eat just one piece!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 c. powder sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325Â°. In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, oil and sour cream. Stir until moistened. Now mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Grease AND flour a 9x13 cake pan. Pour enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Mix filling ingredients then sprinkle over cake batter evenly.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter over the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and bake at 325Â° for 45 minutes. Remember oven temps vary so if you feel it is done before the 45 minutes, test it first and if so, pull it out of the oven. I would say check it at 40 minutes if you are concerned your oven temp runs hot.
- Let cake cool while you mix up your glaze. You still want it warm when you put it on OR you may chose to let it cool more and use it as a frosting. The common method for this cake is to use it as a glaze though and put it on the cake while it's still warm. Pour the glaze evenly over the top of the warm cake. Enjoy!!!
- ***You may add nuts of your choice to brown sugar mixture and/or sprinkle some on top of the glaze. Pecans are heavenly in this recipe.***
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 270g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 349||33%|
|Total Fat 39.72g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.42g|
|Total Carbs 169.7g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|