This recipe was a big hit with my entire family! I actually prepared and froze about 15 meals last week and this was one of them. I simply put all of the ingredients into a gallon size ziploc bag and froze. I thawed it in the refrigerator, poured it in the crockpot and cooked it as directed. It was super delicious, easy and an inexpensive dinner!
Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 2 lbs pork loin back ribs, baby back ribs, or country style pork spareribs, cut into serving pieces of 3-4 ribs
- I used spare ribs
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced I used dried onion flakes because it's what I had
- 1 c. store bought or homemade barbecue sauce of your choice I used Kraft Original because I had one already open
- 1/3 c. mild flavored honey I didn't have quite 1/3 cup so I ended up using whipped honey to make up the difference. Might have been easier to mix it up if I had melted the whipped honey first.
- A few splashes Sriracha hot sauce, or other favorite hot sauce I used a green tabasco sauce - maybe a tsp. I couldn't really taste the hot sauce. If you like it spicy I'd add at least 1 TBSP.
- 1. Arrange the rib portions in the slow cooker, layering them with the onion slices. Because my slow cooker is bigger than 3 quarts, I didn't have layers. I laid the ribs in the bottom of the cooker and sprinkled dried onion on top of them.
- 2. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey, and hot sauce in a small bowl until smooth; spoon over the ribs. If you have a round cooker, stack the ribs with sauce in between. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours, until the meat is tender and starts to separate from the bone.
- 3. Serve immediately. If there is extra sauce on the bottom of the cooker, transfer to a bowl and serve on the side.
- These were really tasty. There wasn't a strong honey flavor. If you like them with a strong honey flavor, I'd suggest using a honey flavored barbecue sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 35g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.8g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|