Sweet, juicy, watermelons are everywhere this time of year. Many of us wouldn’t trade a slice of ice cold watermelon on a hot summer day for anything else! Adding pureed watermelon to lemonade makes it a delightfully refreshing drink. We’ve calculated the nutritionals and Weight Watchers POINTS made with sugar. We’ve also done the calculations made with ½ sugar and a sugar substitute such as Splenda or made only with Splenda.Make this fabulous lemonade for a backyard barbecue or potluck. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Prep the lemonade in advance but add the pureed watermelon just before serving. What a perfect drink to sip on during the lazy days of summer…
SKINNY FACTS: for one (8oz) serving with sugar
163 calories, 0g fat, 1g pro, 42g carbs, 1g fiber, 8mg sod, 41g suga
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
Made with ½ sugar and sugar substitute, to taste- 1 serving has 99 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 28g carbs, 1g fiber, 6mg sodium, 23g sugar,
Weight Watchers (old points) 2 and Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 3
Made with only Splenda (no sugar)- 1 servings has 35 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 6mg sodium, 6g sugar
Weight Watchers (old points) 1 and Weight Watchers Points Plus 2
- 3 cups chopped, seeded watermelon
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, 4-6 medium lemons juiced
- 1 cup sugar or Â½ sugar and sugar substitute, to taste
- 4Â½ cups water
- Watermelon ice cubes, recipe follows (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- In a blender, add the watermelon and puree. Strain to remove any bits of seeds that remain. Pour into a container or bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve the lemonade.
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the water and mix well. At this point you can refrigerate the lemonade until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, mix in pureed watermelon.
- Add ice or watermelon ice cubes to the pitcher or each glass and serve.
- *To Make Watermelon Ice Cubes
- Add 3 cups cubed seeded watermelon to a blender and puree. Pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze until solid. This works with any type of melon. Use these cubes to dress up any ice tea or lemonade.
- Makes 14 cubes
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 276g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||31%|
|Total Fat 9.48g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.96g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.37g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|