This is a print preview of "Homemade Sponge Cake" recipe.
Homemade Sponge Cake Recipe
Sponge Cake is easy and fun to make.This cake is one of my favorite types of cakes. Try this recipe.
|Prep time: 30 minutes
|Cook time: 30 minutes
200 grams cake flour Sifted
2 tablespoon baking powder
100 grams butter
8 whole eggs separated
300 grams sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Next add the egg yolks and beat about 5 minutes. After that, add in the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the sponge cake batter into an 11-inch round pan that has been greased with butter and floured.
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and it bounces back. (and also when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.)
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
- see my website