If you like molten chocolate cake, you're going to absolutely love this hot chocolate! It mixes delicious semi-sweet chocolate with yummy peppermint. I'm normally not a hot chocolate fan, but this is too decadent to resist!
- Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups whole or 2% milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peppermint Topping
- 1 container frozen whipped topping thawed--e.g. Cool Whip (8oz)
- 10-12 hard peppermint candies, crushed
- 1 drop red food coloring (if desired)
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine half of whipped topping and crushed peppermints. Add red food coloring and stir. (hint: you can put peppermints inside 1 or 2 ziplock or other bags to crush).
- Drop 8 teaspoonfuls of whipped topping in dollops, about 1.5 inches in diameter, on the cookie sheet. Place in the freezer and freeze for 20-30 min until firm.
- Heat milk and salt in a large saucepan over medium until steaming. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Return to low heat whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Carefully ladle the hot chocolate into small mugs or teacups. Place a dollop of the peppermint topping on each and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 135||46%|
|Total Fat 15.91g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|