Cost per serving $1.81 view details
- 4 T. butter
- 2 carrots chopped fine
- 2 ribs celery chopped fine
- 2 med. onions, minced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme or 3/4 tsp dried
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add the veggies and cook til soft and browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly browned..about 5 min.
- Whisk in the broths gradually and bring to boil. Add the bay leaves, thyme, and peppercorns and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20-25 minutes, skimming off any foam from the surface.
- Pour gravy through a strainer, if desired, to remove the solids. Season the gravy with salt and pepper to taste.
- Of course, if you DO have some pan juices, by all means use them!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 595g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||30%|
|Total Fat 6.11g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.19g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.72g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|