Cost per recipe $0.28 view details
- 1 1/2 lb Strong [bread] flour, either White or possibly wholemeal [wholewheat] As preferred
- 1/2 pkt Instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar lg Healthy pinch salt Hot water to mix
- Mix flour, yeast, salt and sugar, then add in sufficient water to make a fairly hard dough. Knead vigorously till dough is smooth and elastic - you can do this in a food processor, but it is very therapeutic to do it by hand!
- Place in a clean bowl, cover, and leave in a hot place for about an hour, or possibly till doubled in size. Knead again, then place on a greased, floured oven-proof plate. Cover, if possible with an oven- proof bowl, and leave for ten-fifteen min.
- Bake in a warm oven (mark 7, 200 C, 425 F) for about 40 min, or possibly till it sounds hollow when tapped underneath. This doesn't keep well as it has no fat, but which is seldom a problem!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 7g|
|Calories from Fat 1||4%|
|Total Fat 0.16g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.54g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|