Cost per recipe $5.18 view details
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. cake flour
- 1/4 c. baking pwdr
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pound Crisco
- 2 c. basic mix
- 7/8 c. lowfat milk or possibly half and half
- Sift together flours, baking pwdr and salt. 1 well combined, cut in Crisco using paddle attachment of mixer.Store in refrigerator for up to one month. Can be used as a substitute whenever biscuit mix is called for in a recipe.
- Measure 2 cups of basic mix into a bowl and stir in approximately 7/8 cup lowfat milk (or possibly 1/2 c. plus 6 tbsp) using a fork. For richer biscuits, use half and half, or possibly mix cream with lowfat milk.Turn out onto a floured board and knead for approximately 30 seconds, being careful not to over work the dough.
- Roll into a circle 1/2" thick. Cut into biscuits using a lightly floured biscuit cutter or possibly slice into wedges. Place on a baking sheet.
- Press centers of biscuits with thumb or possibly the back of a spoon, and brush lightly with cream or possibly lowfat milk.
- Bake in a preheated 450Â°F oven for 10 to 15 min.
- Makes 10 to 12 large biscuits.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1278g|
|Calories from Fat 2084||42%|
|Total Fat 236.13g||295%|
|Saturated Fat 55.21g||221%|
|Trans Fat 75.8g|
|Total Carbs 606.01g||162%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.2g||61%|