I am a Certified Kansas City Master BBQ Judge who judges in competitions over the east coast, so I know good a sauce when I taste it. I have worked on the sauce that would please my taste buds for some time. Guess What? I have finally found it!!! This sauce is so good, you will be preparing dishes just to to load on the sauce.
Warning! It does have a kick!! Enjoy!
- 2-tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-small onion, finely chopped
- 2-garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-tablespoon chile powder or paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce, (can use ketchup)
- 1/2 cup amber beer or ale
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2-tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and ground pepper
- Tabasco sauce,optional or to taste
- In a saucepan cook onions in oil over moderate heat until tender.
- Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and chili powder and cook for one minute.
- Add chili sauce, beer, vinegar, water,brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce, stiring to combine.
- Partially cover and simmer until slightly thickened about 15 to 29 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary with Tabasco sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Sauce can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 weeks or frozen for up to a month.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 351g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 131||45%|
|Total Fat 14.9g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 34.3g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|