Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 1 lb Pork spareribs, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 1 x One-inch piece dry tangerine peel (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Salted black beans
- 1 tsp Peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Each, dark and light soy sauce or possibly:
- 2 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 sm Red or possibly green chile pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 x Green onion, minced
- Cut ribs between the bones into 1-inch pcs. Trim off excess fat. Put ribs into a mixing bowl.
- Soak the optional tangerine peel in warm water for 10 min. Drain, finely mince and set aside.
- Rinse the black beans with hot water; drain. Gently mash the beans, ginger, garlic, salt and sugar into a paste. Stir in the tangerine peel, soy sauces, wine sesame oil and chile pepper. Pour over the spareribs and mix well. Transfer to a shallow, 9-inch, heat-proof plate (a glass pie plate is perfect) and chill for at least 30 min.
- Let the plate of ribs come to room temperature. Place in the steamer, cover and steam over boiling water (medium-high heat) for 45 min. Check water level frequently and replenish with boiling water when needed.
- Serves 4 as part of a multi entree Chinese meal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||66%|
|Total Fat 19.81g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6.16g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 6.74g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|