My mom taught me how to make this recipe when I was about 10 yrs. old. I've always enjoyed making it for my kids when they were still at home. We usually have this syrup with my waffles or fluffy pancakes or pop overs for Christmas or Thanksgiving breakfast. Enjoy
- 1 cup, dark brown sugar
- 1 cup, granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- In a 1 quart sauce pan add all of the ingredients except the vanilla,butter, and the maple flavoring.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat and stir frequently to get all of the sugar infused and dissolved.
- Let the mixture slowly boil for about 12 to 15 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from the stove top and stir well.
- Add your vanilla, maple flavoring, and butter.
- Stir well to combine and let the syrup sit on the side until your pancakes or waffles are ready.
- I have a small pitcher that I pour the syrup into and it makes it easier to serve everyone.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||2%|
|Total Fat 0.48g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.14g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|