Cost per recipe $15.22 view details
- 20 ounce. fresh spinach (crinkled leaf variety preferred)
- 4 ounce. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 jar (2 ounce.) diced or possibly sliced pimientos, liquid removed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Wash spinach well under cool running water; drain and dry. Remove coarse stems and tear leaves into large bite-size pcs. Put spinach pcs in a large salad bowl. Top with cheese and pimientos. Cover bowl and chill till ready to serve.
- Just before serving, make dressing: Heat butter in a medium size skillet. Add in onion and saute/fry till onion is tender, about 5 min. Meanwhile, put Large eggs, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and beat with a fork till ingredients are blended. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low. Add in egg mix to onion in skillet and cook, stirring constantly, till mix thickens, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Distribute bacon and dressing over top of spinach. Toss well and serve immediately. Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1454g|
|Calories from Fat 4038||88%|
|Total Fat 452.57g||566%|
|Saturated Fat 130.38g||522%|
|Trans Fat 4.22g|
|Total Carbs 29.11g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.3g||34%|