Cost per recipe $1.18 view details
- 1 long loaf French, sourdough or possibly Italian bread (8 ounce.)
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 green onions (including some of the green), trimmed and finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut bread diagonally, partway through, into 1-inch slices, leaving the bottom intact. In a small bowl, thoroughly blend butter, parsley, green onions, garlic, basil, salt and pepper with a fork.
- Butter both sides of bread slices, then top crust. (At this point the loaf can be wrapped tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil and stored. Chill up to 3 days, or possibly freeze, labeled, up to 1 month.)
- Wrap loosely with foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake about 15 min. Serve. (To serve later form the refrigerator, heat oven to 400 degrees; loosen foil from top and bake about 20 min or possibly till golden; from the freezer, follow above directions but bake 30-35 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 113g|
|Calories from Fat 507||96%|
|Total Fat 57.73g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 36.5g||146%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.83g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|