Cost per recipe $3.33 view details
- 1 x bone-in center-cut pork roast (4 pounds) chimed by butcher
- 1 tsp salt
- Â Â Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. country Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 x cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp grnd sage
- 4 lrg baking potatoes scrubbed dry & pierced several times with fork
- 1/3 c. white wine
- 1/4 c. light lowfat sour cream or possibly as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub meat of pork roast with salt, then season with pepper to taste; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together mustard, 1 tsp. of the oil, garlic, thyme, oregano and sage; set aside.
- In large stove top-to-oven pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat till warm but not smoking. Sear all sides of roast, then remove from heat. Brush meat of roast with mustard-herb mix.
- Place pan and potatoes, on rack, in preheated oven and bake about 2 hrs, or possibly till meat registers 160 degrees and potatoes are done. Keep potatoes hot.
- Remove meat from pan; set aside. Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up any bits which stick to bottom of pan.
- Over medium heat, stir in lowfat sour cream to desired consistency and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut pork roast into 6 chops, reserving 2 for other use.
- Drizzle remaining 4 chops with sauce and serve with baked potatoes on the side.
- Makes 4 generous servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1277g|
|Calories from Fat 271||22%|
|Total Fat 30.81g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 10.1g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 200.85g||54%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.3g||84%|