Cost per serving $2.99 view details
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. Assorted mushrooms - sliced Oyster, Cepes, Portobello, Shiitake,
- Â Â Chanterelle
- 1/4 c. Shallots - minced
- 1 c. Bacon - cubed
- 1 doz fingerling potatoes - washed, cut in 1/4=s
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Pepper
- 2 lrg Tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 12 x Prawns - shelled and de-veined
- 1 x Egg white - lightly frothed
- 1/4 c. Minced mixed herbs - rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 c. Sherry vinegar
- 1 c. Shrimp stock
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Â Â Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/2 x Lemon - juiced
- In a saute/fry pan over medium-high heat cook half the mushrooms in 2 Tbsp. of oil till golden, approximately 3 min. Repeat with the remaining mushrooms and 2 more Tbsp. of oil. At the last moment prior to removing from heat, toss in the shallots and season with salt and pepper. Set aside covered with aluminum foil..
- Over medium heat, sautJ the bacon till crispy. Remove bacon bits and let drain on paper towel, reserving the fat.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil till smoking and add in the fingerling potatoes. Cook till fork tender, shaking the pan often in order for the potatoes not to stick. Season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and keep hot.
- Lightly coat prawns in egg wash and dredge in herb mix. In a sautJ pan heat oil over medium heat and cook shrimp for 2 min till turns pink.
- Remove shellfish from pan and de-glaze with sherry vinegar. Let reduce till approximately 1 Tbsp. remains. Add in shrimp stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and swirl in butter. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- To assemble:In a bowl mix together the hot mushroom, potatoes and bacon. In the middle of a shallow bowl or possibly plate place a generous spoonful of the hot potato mushroom salad. Place two prawns on top and drizzle over hot shrimp sauce.
- Sprinkle over tomato concasse.
- Yield: 6 appetizer size portions
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 626g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 434||56%|
|Total Fat 48.88g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 16.08g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 73.05g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||28%|