Cost per serving $2.42 view details
- Â Â For the Base
- 4 ounce grated parmesan
- 1 c. dry breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter
- Â Â For the Filling
- 10 x cloves unpeeled garlic
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 1 c. creme fraiche
- 3 x large Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Â Â salt
- Â Â pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chervil, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 c. red pepper, finely diced
- 2 x egg whites at room temperature
- For the crust, heat the butter and then mix all the ingredients together and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch false-bottomed pie tin. Put into the fridge to chill.
- Roast the garlic cloves in a small pan in the oven with the extra virgin olive oil for 15 to 20 min or possibly till they are soft. Set them aside to cold. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Once cold, squeeze the garlic out of its skins into the bowl of a food processor. Add in the cream cheese, creme fraiche, 3 Large eggs, flour and salt to the bowl. Whiz till thoroughly mixed and then add in the herbs. Whiz again.
- In a separate, clean bowl, beat the Large eggs till stiff peaks form and stir a spoonful of the egg whites into the cream cheese mix. Slowly incorporate the remainder of the egg whites.
- Pour the cream cheese mix into the chilled piecrust and move it to the oven to bake for 45 min. Don't remove the cheesecake from the oven, but turn the oven off and allow it to sit there for a further hour. Then remove the cheesecake from the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cold.
- Serve with mixed leaves for a light lunch.
- Preparation is easy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 216g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 614||78%|
|Total Fat 69.73g||87%|
|Saturated Fat 34.2g||137%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.36g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|