And finally its Thursday . I just love Thursday nights as it keeps reminding me that its just one more day of office and then WEEKEND.......yahoo..!!!! . Frankly I have even started planning for my weekends. But Thursdays mean one more thing , refrigerator is almost empty so need to go shopping on Friday.....
Today when I reached home , I saw that I have 2-potatoes , 1-carrot , 2-eggs , 1-tomatoes , 2-onions and 3-green chilly , believe me that too much then most of the days so I decided to try and making something that would use all of them so that nothing is wasted and tomorrow I can do some fresh shopping. Hence the Stuffed Paratha seemed to be the best option , I called it Heavily Stuffed cause I have added 4 different stuffings .
And yeah wanted to share one more joke........even the flour and oil is all over now . I would share the recipe for Spicy Tomato Chutney later lets start with "Heavily Stuffed Paratha"
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Potatoes - 2 medium sized
- Carrot - 1 large number
- Eggs - 2 medium sized
- Green Chilly - 2 numbers
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Refined Oil - Half cup
- Salt - As per taste
- Boil the potatoes and carrots together till they both softens.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- In a bowl , mash together the cooked potatoes , carrots and the eggs with salt and butter. Mix all the ingredients throughly and set aside.
- In another bowl , knead together flour ,little salt and butter using warm water till it form a smooth mixture and leave it for 5 min.
- Make small balls of the kneaded flour and stuff the mashed vegetable filling into the flour and turn it into a stuffed ball.
- Using a rolling pin flatten the stuffed balls in circular shapes , keep dusting the board with flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Heat a pan , and place the flatten stuffed dough into the pan over medium heat and let it cook for 1 min on both the sides.
- Then drizzle some oil on the open side of the partially cooked dough and turn it over and drizzle some oil on the other side and fry till both the side turn golden brown.
- Serve it hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 228g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||15%|
|Total Fat 7.41g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.77g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 79.29g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|