Chocolate and peanut butter what could be better.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
Servings: 24 bars
Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/3 cups oats, old-fashioned
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with a rack in the center
- of the oven.
- Grease the baking pan with 1 tablespoon unsalted
- butter or solid vegetable shortening.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with the mixer on high speed until creamy.
- Gradually add the dark brown sugar and continue to beat until
- light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Some small nuggets of dark brown sugar may remain in the mixture, but that is okay.
- Move the beaters around the bowl and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula several times while mixing.
- Lower the mixer speed to medium and beat in the corn syrup and
- vanilla extract, then stir in the oats with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 16 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack until lukewarm.
- While the bars are baking and cooling, make the glaze.
- Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the lukewarm bars, then cool completely
- or refrigerate until cold.
- Cut into bars when cold.
- The bars can be stored in a covered tin at room temperature for
- up to 1 week. Cushion the bars between layers of plastic wrap
- or wax paper to protect the frosting. To freeze, allow them to cool
- completely after baking, then spread them on a baking sheet and
- place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.When the bars are
- thoroughly frozen, stack them in freezer-strength zip-type
- gallon-size plastic bags for up to 3 months. Use a waterproof
- marker to note the contents of the bags and the date. Defrost
- them in the bags at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||39%|
|Total Fat 20.2g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9.16g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.9g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|