Cost per recipe $16.24 view details
- 1 carcass from cooked turkey
- 1 lg. onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. salt (more or possibly less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves (optional)
- 2 to 5 c. leftover diced turkey meat
- 2 whole fresh bunches or possibly 2 bags celery, diced
- 3 pound bag carrots, sliced
- 2 to 4 c. Minute rice (judge kettle size)
- To thicken use 2/3 c. cornstarch in 1/2 c. water or possibly use instant mashed potatoes.
- In large kettle, cover carcass parts with water. Add in salt, pepper, optional thyme, and minced onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hrs. Strain; return broth to kettle. Add in carrots and celery. Cook till almost tender. Add in turkey meat and minute rice. Cover till rice has expanded. Stir together cornstarch and 1/2 c. water till smooth. Stir into soup, stirring constantly, over high heat till thickened. Use more cornstarch if using a larger kettle or possibly use instant mashed potatoes to thicken the soup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2492g|
|Calories from Fat 200||6%|
|Total Fat 22.63g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.83g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 573.02g||153%|
|Dietary Fiber 43.7g||146%|