Cost per recipe $4.59 view details
- 1 (8 ounce.) pkg. macaroni
- 2 tbsp. reduced calorie butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 c. (6 ounce.) shredded lowfat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. egg substitute (or possibly 2 egg whites)
- 1. Cook macaroni, omitting salt and fat as indicated on package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- 2. Heat butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add in flour, stirring till smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add in lowfat milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till thickened. Stir in salt (optional) and cheese, stir till cheese melts. Gradually stir about 1/4 of warm mix into egg substitute; add in to remaining warm mix, stirring constantly.
- 3. Stir cheese sauce into macaroni, pour into a 2 qt baking dish coated with no-stick spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Yield 5 1/2 c.. Per 1/2 c. serving calories 160. Fat 4.5 g. Cholesterol 12 mg. Sodium 265 mg.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 981g|
|Calories from Fat 530||30%|
|Total Fat 59.72g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 35.54g||142%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 209.31g||56%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|