Cost per recipe $8.65 view details
- 2 pound shin of beef
- Lg. marrowbone
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 4 c. thinly sliced cabbage (1 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. minced onion
- 6 carrots, pared and cut in 3 inch pcs (1/2 lb.)
- 3/4 c. minced celery
- 1/4 c. minced green pepper
- 1 can (1 pound 12 ounce.) tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pkg. (10 ounce.) size frzn lima beans
- 1/2 pkg. (9 ounce. size) frzn cut green beans
- 1/2 pkg. (10 ounce. size) frzn peas
- 1 can (12 ounce.) whole kernel corn, liquid removed
- 1 pared potato, cubed (1 c.)
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 can (6 ounce.) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon grnd cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beef, marrowbone, 1 Tbsp. salt and 4 qts water in very large kettle. Cover; bring to boiling. Skim surface.
- 2. Add in cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper and tomatoes.
- 3. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 30 min.
- 4. Add in remaining ingredients; simmer, covered, 3 1/2 hrs.
- 5. Remove meat and bone; throw away bone.
- 6. Let meat cold. Cut into cubes; add in to soup. Chill overnight.
- 7. Next day: Remove all fat form surface and throw away. Before serving, slowly heat soup to boiling. (Store leftover soup, covered, in refrigerator.)
- Makes 6 1/2 qts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1906g|
|Calories from Fat 50||3%|
|Total Fat 5.95g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 356.43g||95%|
|Dietary Fiber 92.4g||308%|