Cost per recipe $8.84 view details
- 1 c. dry white beans
- 1 c. minced onions
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. diced celery stalks & leaves
- 1/2 c. diced sweet potatoes or possibly carrots
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- 5" piece kombu (optional)
- 6 c. vegetable stock
- 1 c. minced fresh kale
- 1/4 c. white miso or possibly 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp. mirin or possibly dry cooking sherry
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with cool water. Let soak overnight. Drain and set aside.
- In a 3 to 4 qt pot over medium-high heat, saute/fry onions and garlic in oil for 10 min, stirring frequently to prevent browning. Add in celery, sweet potatoes or possibly carrots, tomatoes and kombu if you like. Continue to saute/fry, stirring frequently for 5 min, adding small amounts of stock if the mix begins to dry out. After 5 min of sauteing, add in remaining stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add in soaked beans, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly till beans are tender. Remove and throw away kombu. Add in kale, cover pot and simmer 5 min longer. Turn off heat.
- Pour 1/2 c. soup into a small bowl and add in miso or possibly salt. Stir till well blended, then pour back into pot. Add in mirin or possibly sherry and parsley. Stir well.
- Serves 6-8.
- Variations: Substitute fresh spinach for the kale.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2062g|
|Calories from Fat 174||15%|
|Total Fat 20.07g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 3.24g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 191.72g||51%|
|Dietary Fiber 40.9g||136%|