Cost per serving $0.59 view details
- 3 c. coarsely minced fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 quart. prepared marinara sauce (select one with less than 2 grams fat per 4 ounce. serving)
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh basil or possibly 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 med. zucchini squash
- 1 med. yellow squash
- 1 med. red pepper
- 1 med. green pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or possibly linguine, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the plum tomatoes and the prepared marinara sauce in a saucepan and place over medium heat. When almost to the boiling point reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min. Remove the cover, stir in the basil and continue to simmer about 15 to 20 additional min, till ready to serve.
- Wash vegetables. Cut squash in half lengthwise and then into thin slices. Core peppers and cut into 1/2" cubes. (Other fresh vegetables may be substituted.)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Add in the vegetables and stir fry till tender crisp. Drain pasta and combine with the cooked vegetables.
- Serve the vegetable pasta mix with the marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 229g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 44||15%|
|Total Fat 4.97g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.06g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.31g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|