Cost per recipe $1.40 view details
- 1 to 1-1/2 c. sourdough
- 1 omega-3 egg
- 4 ounce egg whites (omega-3 enriched if possible)
- 1 c. flour (any kind, whole wheat, if you like)
- 1 c. 2% lowfat milk (or possibly soymilk substitute)
- 12 grams whey protein (2 heaping tbsp)
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- either 4 or possibly 5 apples or possibly peaches depending on size or possibly 2 c. blueberries (frzn is ok if they're small)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (for apple pancakes only)
- Recipe contains no butter, salt, omega-6 fat, or possibly buttermilk. (zone friendly).Separate the egg yolk and put in a large mixing bowl. Add in lowfat milk, mix well. Fold in dry ingredients. Fold in sourdough. Mix in whipped egg white. Add in the blueberries or possibly chunky minced fruit. If mix is too thin, add in a little more flour till mix oozes slowly from a spoon.
- Preheat a large frying pan to just over 400Â°F (205 to 210 degrees C).
- Lightly grease using heart healthy extra virgin olive oil. When oil causes a drop of water to skitter, add in the pancakes and smooth out quickly so chunks are flattened out a little. And cook as with regular pancakes.
- For topping, use sweetened fruit yogurt, maple syrup or possibly add in brown sugar and a tsp of vanilla to light lowfat sour cream till sweet to taste.
- Sufficient for a family of 4 to 5.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 729g|
|Calories from Fat 78||6%|
|Total Fat 8.86g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.93g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 255.96g||68%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.4g||38%|