I loved fish tacos, but didn't really like the fat in deep frying or the mess it makes in the house. This recipe is a similar take on baked unfried chicken. This recipe actually makes the fish crispier than frying and it holds up well with the delish dill sauce!
- Fish Breading:
- 1/2c plain bread crumbs
- 1/2c corn flake crumbs
- 1/2c flour
- Salt or Seasoned Salt to Taste (I like a lemon-dill seafood salt)
- 3 egg whites
- 1lb white fish (tiliapia, cod or anything you like)
- Dill Sauce:
- 1/2c Greek Yogurt
- 1/2c Mayonaise
- 3-4 limes
- 1/2-1 tsp ground dill seed
- 1/2-1 tsp cumin
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Chopped pepper of your choice added to your taste. I use a can of chopped jalapenos because it's quick & easy.
- Salt to taste
- FISH STICKS
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice the fish into 1" X 3" strips
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Coat the rack and sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix bread crumbs, corn flake crumbs and salt in a shallow dish to dip the fish into.
- Put flour in another dish and the egg whites in third dish.
- Lightly beat the egg whites.
- Coat each fish strip with flour, then dip in the egg whites and coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place on wire rack.
- Spray more non-stick spray on the fish sticks if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- DILL SAUCE
- Mix greek yogurt and mayo.
- Squeeze lime juice into the mixture until the consistency is runny.
- Add remaining ingredients and you're done!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1027g|
|Calories from Fat 1137||55%|
|Total Fat 128.23g||160%|
|Saturated Fat 20.45g||82%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 127.86g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.1g||37%|