Cost per recipe $5.48 view details
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of veganaise (or low fat mayo)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of brown crispy rice creal (or Panco breadcrumbs)
- 2 cups of whole wheat melba toast
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- Quinoa angel hair noodles
- 1. Whisk together the yogurt, veganaise, water, mustard and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large freezer bag and pour yogurt mixture over chicken. Place in refrigerator for 30-90 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place rice cereal, melba toast, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and remaining salt into a food processor; pulse until fine. Pour into a separate large freezer bag.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish. Begin cook noodles according to directions on packaging.
- 4. Using tongs, remove chicken from marinade and transfer into breadcrumb mix. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and place in baking dish. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- 6. Place slices of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast and pour 1 jar of spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with parmesan and for bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- 7.. Serve with pasta and marinara sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 754g|
|Calories from Fat 447||38%|
|Total Fat 49.89g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 18.51g||74%|
|Trans Fat 0.34g|
|Total Carbs 87.35g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||37%|