Cost per recipe $2.82 view details
- 3 tbsp. hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1 3/4 c. rolled oats, uncooked (quick or possibly old fashioned)
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd nutmeg
- 1 c. shredded carrot (about 1 lg.)
- 1/2 c. shredded zucchini (1 sm.)
- Line 12 medium (2 1/2 inch) muffin c. with foil or possibly paper liners. Combine shortening and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer or possibly stir with fork till well blended. Gradually stir in egg whites and lowfat milk.
- Combine oats, flour, baking pwdr and nutmeg; stir into lowfat milk mix. Add in carrots and zucchini; stir till just blended. Fill muffin c. almost full.
- For topping, combine oats, nuts and melted shortening. Sprinkle topping over each muffin; lightly press into batter. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 min, or possibly till golden. Serve hot. Yield: 12 muffins.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 767g|
|Calories from Fat 434||23%|
|Total Fat 49.67g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 11.01g||44%|
|Trans Fat 12.83g|
|Total Carbs 321.48g||86%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.8g||73%|