Cost per serving $0.59 view details
- 6 x beef back ribs - (to 8) cut apart
- Â Â (6" to 7" each, 3 1/4 to 4 lbs total)
- 1/2 c. prepared teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine
- Â Â (or possibly dry sherry)
- 1 Tbsp. prepared hoisin
- Â Â (or possibly char sui sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. prepared barbecue sauce
- Â Â (or possibly catsup)
- 1/4 c. canned crushed pineapple
- 3/4 tsp warm chili flakes
- Rinse beef ribs and pat dry. In a 1-gallon heavy plastic food bag or possibly a deep bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, rice wine, hoisin sauce, barbecue sauce, pineapple, and warm chili flakes. Add in ribs; seal bag and turn to coat meat well, or possibly turn ribs in bowl to coat and cover airtight. Refrigerateat least 1 hour or possibly up to 24 hrs.
- If using a charcoal grill, mound and ignite 70 charcoal briquets on the firegrate, with vents open. When coals are dotted with ash, in about 15 min, push equal portions to opposite sides of grate. Add in 5 briquets to each mound of coals.
- If using a gas grill, turn heat to high, cover, and heat for 10 min. Adjust gas burners for indirect heat on each side of grill (none down center); keep heat on high.
- Set barbecue grill in place. Lay meat on grill, not directly over heat (to avoid flare-ups). Cover barbecue; open vents for charcoal. Cook, basting ribs occasionally with marinade the first 20 min and turning as needed for even browning, till meat is rare (red in center of thickest part; cut to test), 20 to 25 min total, or possibly medium (pink in center of thickest part; cut to test), 30 to 35 min total. If meat is not as brown as you like, move over direct heat and turn frequently. Transfer ribs to a platter or possibly plates.
- This recipe yields 3 to 4 servings.
- Comments: Even on snow-covered decks, gas grills sizzle with these ribs. Look for Chinese rice wine and hoisin or possibly char sui sauce in a well-stocked supermarket or possibly Asian market. If marinating the ribs up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 87g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.33g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.91g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|