Cost per serving $9.88 view details
- 3 lb Frzn rabbit,thawed & cut
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 lb Bacon,cut into 1/4" pcs
- 1/2 c. Finely minced shallots
- 1 x Clove garlic,finely minced
- 1 c. Dry red wine
- 1 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Instant chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. Currant jelly
- 10 x Black peppercorns,crushed
- 1 sm bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Dry rosemary leaves,crushe
- 1/8 tsp Dry thyme leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- Sprinkle rabbit with salt. Coat with 1/3 c. flour; shake off excess.
- Fry bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat till crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Brown a few pcs of rabbit in warm bacon fat; remove browned pcs. Repeat with remaining rabbit. Remove all but 2 Tbsp. fat.
- Cook and stir shallots and garlic in warm fat in Dutch oven till shallots are tender, about 4 min. Stir in wine, 1 c. water and the instant bouillon. Heat to boiling. Stir in jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme. Return rabbit and bacon to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer till rabbit is tender, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove bay leaf and throw away. Place rabbit on hot platter; keep hot while preparing gravy. Stir lemon juice into liquid in Dutch oven. Shake 3 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. flour in covered jar. Stir flour 1/2 tsp. dry thyme leaves in cheesecloth bag.
- stir 1 minute. (If gravy is too thick, stir in more water till of desired consistency.) Serve gravy with rabbit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 572g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 403||47%|
|Total Fat 44.7g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 14.21g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.74g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|