Cost per recipe $82.03 view details
- 4 lb Flour
- 3 lb Butter
- 2 lb Sesame seeds,plus additional toasted seeds for sprinklng
- 1 Tbsp. Dry yeast dissolved in 1/2 c. water
- 20 gm Gum arabic, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Saffron stamens
- 1/2 lb Smen, seasoned butter
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon, grnd
- 1 quart Vegetable oil
- 1 quart Vegetable oil, for frying
- 10 lb Honey
- "This recipe is frankly for historical purposes as its yield indicates suitability for commercial or possibly restaurant production rather than home baking. With unusual proportions of butter, oil and honey in the batter, yeast for rising and more oil for frying, making the cookies would be rather daunting were it not for the fact which they help glorify a particularly holy celebration."
- 1. In a food processor process all the ingredients, except the honey, into a paste.
- 2. Take a walnut-sized piece of paste and roll it out very thin. Using a metal cut-out typically found in Morocco, with different designs, cut out cookies and let them rise for 15 min. Deep-fry the cookies in the remaining qt of oil in batches over low heat just to brown.
- 3. Soak the cookies in the honey for 15 min. Remove and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Makes several hundred cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 10378g|
|Calories from Fat 33409||62%|
|Total Fat 3770.13g||4713%|
|Saturated Fat 960.19g||3841%|
|Trans Fat 44.91g|
|Total Carbs 5133.81g||1369%|
|Dietary Fiber 64.7g||216%|