Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 6 x Halibut fillets - (7 ounce ea) about 1 1/2"
- Â Â thick by 2" wide
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh ginger
- 2 x Shallots chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 c. Bottled clam juice
- 2/3 c. Dry white wine
- 12 lrg Red or possibly green Swiss chard leaves thick stems removed,
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Whipping cream
- Brush the fish with oil. Mix ginger, shalots and garlic in heavy small saucepan. Rub 1 tsp. ginger mix over each fish fillet. Add in clam Juice and wine to remaining ginger mix in saucepan. Boil mix till liquid is reduced to 1/4 c., about 15 min.
- Steam Swiss chard till just tender, about 30 seconds. Transfer chard to strainer and rinse with cool water. Drain. Pat chard dry. Place 1 chard leaf on work surface. Place another leaf next to first, overlapping long sides. Place 1 fish fillet crosswise near one end of chard, leaving 2-inch border on short sides of fish. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Fold 2 long sides of chard over fish, then roll up fish in chard, enclosing completely. Repeat with remaining chard and fish. (Can be made 8 hrs ahead. Cover ginger mix and fish separately and chill.)
- Place steaming rack over boiling water in large Dutch oven. Place fish on rack. Cover; steam fish till cooked through, approximately 8 min. Transfer fish to plates.
- Meanwhile, add in cream to ginger mix in saucepan. Boil till mix thickens to sauce consistency, about 5 min. Spoon sauce around fish. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 95g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||56%|
|Total Fat 7.62g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.63g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.67g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|