Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 sm serrano chilies seeded, chopped
- Â Â (abt 2 1/2 tspns)
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 8 c. shredded cabbage - (packed) abt 1 1/4 lbs
- 2 c. shredded carrots - (packed) abt 2 large
- Whisk mayonnaise, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, minced dill, sugar, chilies, garlic and celery seeds in medium bowl to blend.
- Toss cabbage and carrots in large bowl with sufficient dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Coleslaw can be prepared ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour or possibly cover and chill up to 4 hrs.)
- Serve cool or possibly at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 6 side-dish servings.
- Comments: "My husband and I celebrated my fiftieth birthday on the island of St. John, where we enjoyed many terrific meals," says Eileen Hruby of Tom's River, NJ. "One day, we had lunch at Pusser"s Ltd. in Cruz Bay. The coleslaw they served was extraordinary: cold and warm at the same time. I have no idea how it was made."
- Serrano chilies give this dish a real kick; the lime juice makes it refreshing.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 152||76%|
|Total Fat 17.22g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.38g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.68g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|