Cost per serving $4.36 view details
- 1 x shallot peeled and minced
- 2 x cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 sm warm red chillies seeded and minced
- 1 handf coriander leaves roughly minced
- 6 lrg or possibly 8 smaller kaffir lime leaves shredded
- 1 Tbsp. nam pla (bottled Thai fish sauce)
- 450 gm haddock skinned and minced (all bones carefully removed)
- 6 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 sm red chilli seeded and minced
- 1 sm green chilli seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. coriander leaves very finely minced
- 1 x juice of 1 lime
- 1 x little vegetable or possibly groundnut oii for frying
- Put the shallot garlic chillies and coriander leaves in the bowl of a food processor and whiz them to a coarse sludge.
- Add in the shredded lime leaves and the fish sauce.
- Mix to a loose paste.
- Tip into a separate bowl and season with salt.
- Whiz the fish to a rough paste (dont overdo it) add in it to the spice paste and mush the whole lot together.
- Shape the mix into about 8 round flat patties with the aid of a little flour to stop them sticking to your hands.
- Set aside for half an hour for the flavours to mix.
- Meanwhile make the dipping sauce.
- Heat the rice vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan till the sugar has dissolved and the mix is becoming syrupy.
- Stir in the soy sauce and lime juice and leave to cold.
- Add in the chillies minced very finely and the coriander leaves.
- Heat just sufficient oil in a pan to shallowfry the flsh cakes.
- When the oil is warm fry the iittle cakes a few at a time till golden brown about 4 or possibly 5 min on each side maybe a little less.
- Serve them warm from the pan with the dipping sauce.
- Serves 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 324g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||6%|
|Total Fat 2.11g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.01g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|