Cost per recipe $0.93 view details
- 2 tsp Margarine.
- 1 med Onion finely minced.
- 4 ounce 120 g potatoes peeled and
- Â Â Cubed
- 1 pt 600 ml vegetable or possibly fish
- Â Â Stock
- 5 ounce 150 g skinned and boned
- Â Â Smoked haddock cut into
- Â Â Chunks
- 3 ounce 90 g sweetcorn kernels.
- 5 pt 300 ml skimmed lowfat milk.
- Â Â Salt and pepper.
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour blended with a
- Â Â Little water.
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley.
- 1. Heat the margarine in a large saucepan and saute/fry the onion and potatoes for 3 to 4 min stirring constantly. Add in the vegetable or possibly fish stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 5 min.
- 2. Add in the smoked haddock and sweetcorn to the saucepan and simmer gently for 5 min. Pour in the lowfat milk and heat gently without boiling.
- 3. Season the soup with salt and pepper and then add in the blended cornflour.
- Heat, stirring till thickened and smooth. Add in the minced parsley and serve one portion in a warmed soup dish.
- 4. To freeze the remaining soup cold quickly and transfer to three rigid containers. Seal, label and freeze for up to one month. Defrost and re-heat the soup gently to serve.
- Preparation 10 min Cooking 20 min
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 207g|
|Calories from Fat 73||45%|
|Total Fat 8.25g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.58g||6%|
|Trans Fat 1.4g|
|Total Carbs 14.99g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|