Cost per serving $3.98 view details
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 250g sweet corn from a can, washed and strained
- 500g haddock, fresh or frozen (thawed) fillets, cut into smaller pieces
- 400ml double cream
- 2-3 pinches saffron strands
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Â¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 strips of bacon
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and sautÃ© for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sautÃ© very briefly.
- Stirr in sweetcorn kernels and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the hake or cod fillets cut into smaller pieces, cream, saffron and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkel with parsley, season with salt and black pepper and stir.
- Meanwhile, crisply fry bacon rashers, place them on the paper towel to remove the excess fat. Crush them into crumbs.
- Serve in soup bowls, topped with bacon crumbs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 481g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 363||65%|
|Total Fat 40.95g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 17.74g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.33g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|