Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- Tomatoes, sufficient quarters to fill a blender (preferably homegrown)
- 2 x Cloves garlic, whole (plus/minus to taste)
- 1/4 med -size yellow onion (plus/minus to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 x -(up to)
- 2 tsp Seasoned salt (to taste)
- 1 c. Minced cilantro
- 4 x -(up to)
- 6 whl fresh Jalapenos (vary number to taste)
- 4 whl fresh Habaneros (vary number to taste)
- If you have a any good salsa recipe, the substitution of habs for whatever other pepper you used before should work just fine. Here's my favorite fresh, uncooked version:Ancient, family recipe...commit to memory and wipe disks!!!
- Fill blender with tomatoes, run at lowest setting till no large chunks are left. Add in remainder of ingredients and repeat running blender till no large chunks are left. Sample and add in items to taste as necessary. If you're not sure how something will affect you in the quantity given, use the smallest unit of it at first, then progressively add in more till you are satisfied. This is really important with the habaneros...
- NOTE: The salsa will be at its hottest right after you make it, but will cold down the longer it sets. Since it's fresh, keep it refrigerated if you somehow have any leftovers.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||20%|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.15g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|