Cost per recipe $14.78 view details
- 2 x Tightly packed c. fresh basil leaves
- 5 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x Habanero chiles, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 c. Pine nuts
- 3/4 c. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkt (16-ounce) tri-color rotini (or possibly your favorite pasta)
- 8 ounce Cherry or possibly pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 med Red onion, diced
- 1 x Red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 x Green bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 head broccoli, stemmed, cut into small florets
- To make the pesto:Combine the garlic, chiles and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor and blend into a paste. Add in and blend in basil leaves in small batches.
- When all basil has been added, repeat with cheese. As mix becomes very thick, add in extra virgin olive oil till desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- To make the pasta salad:Boil rotini till al dente. Drain and place in large mixing/serving bowl.
- Add in pesto and mix well; add in vegetables and toss till well distributed.
- Serve immediately if wanted hot, or possibly can be chilled and served cool.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1093g|
|Calories from Fat 1044||67%|
|Total Fat 119.56g||149%|
|Saturated Fat 24.95g||100%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.72g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.4g||68%|