Poridge has always been a traditional dish in Russia. But perhaps no other porridge is as famous as Guryevskaya.
Guryevka porridge is a traditional dish of Russian cuisine, but it has been invented only in the beginning of 19th century. It is named after count Dmitry Guriev, Minister of Finance and the member of the State Council. Supposedly, the porrdige has been first cooked by Zahar Kuzmin, who was the serf chef for Georgy Yurisovsky, retired army major, who once visited Guriev. Subsequently Guriev bought him with his family and made a full-time chef in his court. According to another version, Guriev has invented the recipe himself.
- 100 g. semolina
- 1 liter milk
- 500 g. hazelnut kernels
- 50 g. bitter almond
- 120 g. sugar
- 160 g. strawberry jam
- 50 g. butter
- lemon zest or cinnamon
- ground cardamom
- almond essence
- Pour hazelnuts and almonds with boiling water and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Then remove the thin paddy, dry nuts and grind in a mortar, adding 3-4 drops of almond essence and warm water (1 teaspoon water 1 tbsp. Liters. Kernels).
- Put milk (preferably cast iron pan!) in the oven and remove scum periodically. You must collect 12-15 foams.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil, add the semolina in a sieve and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then cover the dish with a lid and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 3 / 4 nuts, sugar, butter, 3-4 tablespoons grated lemon peel and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, cardamom to taste in the thick porridge, mix well.
- Lay out a layer of thick porridge 0,5 - 1 cm in a broad form, close it by the removed milk foam. Again, lay out a thin layer of pudding and close it by the foam, etc.
- Add 60 g. strawberry jam (or jam of cherries without pits) and a little badian into the penultimate layer of oatmeal.
- Cover the poridge and then heat it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Then pour a finished porridge with the remaining jam and the sprinkle with nuts and serve it in the same dish.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1461g|
|Calories from Fat 668||30%|
|Total Fat 75.24g||94%|
|Saturated Fat 45.14g||181%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 349.63g||93%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|