Gum paste is generally used to make sugar flowers. The mixture is basically made with sugar and glucose. Karaya Gum, is used to make it elastic or pliable.
- 1 tablespoon Wilton Gum-Tex powder
- 4 cups sifted confectionerâs sugar (about 1 lb.)
- 1 heaping tablespoon Wilton Glucose
- 4 tablespoon Warm Water
- Sift the sugar.
- You will be using only three cups of sugar, the other cup you will save for after you made the gum paste for kneading it in as you need it.
- Mix the sugar and the Gum-Tex in the mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- Mix the water with the glucose and microwave for 30 seconds and pour into the sugar mixture.
- Mix all ingredients well in the mixer. I put my mixer in low speed, and then increase it to medium-low.
- Scrape mixture out of the bowl and put in plastic zip-lock bags.
- Let the mixture rest overnight.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 459g|
|Calories from Fat 3||0%|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 398.4g||106%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|