These rich cupcakes feature Guinness stout and unsweetened cocoa powder-an unlikely but delicious combination.
Cost per recipe $12.61 view details
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle Guinness stout (12 ounce), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1-pound) box powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, blend together stout, butter and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well blended.
- Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray and fill each 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 25 minutes, rotating once halfway through baking.
- Cool completely before turning out and frosting.
- To make frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy.
- Beat in 3/4 cup cream.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, add additional cream until spreadable consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and dust with additional cocoa powder.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1963g|
|Calories from Fat 2441||34%|
|Total Fat 277.32g||347%|
|Saturated Fat 158.2g||633%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1098.46g||293%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.8g||63%|