Forgot to take a photo of the full batch, so this is a closeup of the dab left after serving....duh!
A unique way to use up fall's green tomatoes. Quite tasty. If they're chopped in small dice hardly anyone will guess green tomatoes are an ingredient! Best to make ahead of serving by 30 minutes to allow flavors to "marry." Serve with tortilla chips or other southwest food fare.
- 2 cups green tomatoes diced small
- 2 or 3 mediium avocados diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons blue nectar agave (or honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the green tomatoes, avocados, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic in a medium-size mixing bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper atop.
- In small bowl blend lime juice and agave. Stir into vegetables and toss lightly to blend. Adjust seasonings.
- Yield: About 3 cups, enough for 12 or more chip/dip servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 34g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||13%|
|Total Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.88g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|