Cost per serving $3.27 view details
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic (about a tablespoon chopped)
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 2 sprigs of green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper
- Mince jalapeno and toast them in a small fry pan over medium heat.
- Chop garlic, red onion, green onion and cilantro finely. Can use a food processor for the garlic and onion. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Add jalapeno to bowl once toasted
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed, scoop out flesh and add to bowl. You can chop the avocado before adding if you prefer. I usually just mash it all together at the end. *Reserve one avocado seed for later.
- Add cumin and lime juice
- Start mixing and mashing using a fork. If the avocado isn't mashing well, I run my knife through it as I mix with the fork.
- Add salt and pepper (about a 1/2 teaspoon). I start by adding a little and gradually add more as I taste it.
- Gently stir in diced tomato at the end. If serving at a party I just sprinkle the tomato on top for the pretty contrast in color.
- Let the flavors congeal for about 15- 20 min before serving.
- *When storing guacamole, put an avocado seed in the middle of the guac to keep it from oxidizing. Cover with plastic wrap and push the plastic onto the guac so that go air is touching it. You dip will stay fresh for about 4 days.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 329g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||75%|
|Total Fat 29.8g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 4.31g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.32g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.1g||50%|