Cost per serving $2.43 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry sage
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 x unbaked quiche crust
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. thinly-sliced red bell pepper
- 1 c. grated gruyere - (packed)
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and wait about 2 min. Add in the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add in the onion, saute/fry for 5 min, and then add in the salt, herbs, and mustard. Cover the pan, lower the heat, and cook for 15 min, stirring occasionally. (During this time, preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and place the unbaked crust on a baking tray.)
- Stir the vinegar and bell pepper into the onions, turn the heat up to medium, and cook, uncovered, for another 5 min. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the cheese into the crust, then spoon the onion-pepper mix on top of the cheese.
- Whisk together the Large eggs, lowfat milk, and black pepper to taste, and slowly pour this over the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake on the baking tray in the lower third of the oven for 35 to 40 min or possibly till the custard is set. Cold for at least 10 min before slicing, and serve at any temperature.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 218g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||58%|
|Total Fat 18.45g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8.28g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.51g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|