Cost per serving $1.48 view details
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x ten-inch long zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 med yellow summer squashes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips coarse sea salt freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 x batch basic pizza dough, see recipe Or possibly two 12-inch prebaked pizza crusts
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 4 x plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat the oven, with a baking stone or possibly baking sheet inside, to 500F. Prepare and stretch out dough (as described in dough recipe) to make two 12-inch pizzas. Cover pizzas with a clean dishcloth and let rise till soft and slightly puffy (10 to 20 min).
- 2. Heat oil in a small skillet. Fry garlic over medium heat for 1 minute or possibly till golden. Drain the garlic in a strainer over a bowl, reserving oil.
- Blot garlic pcs dry with a paper towel to keep them from getting soggy.
- 3. Preheat a barbecue grill or possibly broiler to high. Lightly brush the zucchini and squash slices with garlic oil (2 to 3 tsp.) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables over high heat till lightly charred (3 to 5 min per side). Transfer to a platter and cold.
- 4. Spread tomato sauce on top of crusts. Arrange the zucchini, squash, and tomato slices in rows, alternating colors. Sprinkle with rosemary, fried garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a little of the remaining garlic oil over the vegetables; use the rest to brush the edges of the pizzas.
- 5. Slide pizzas onto the baking stone or possibly preheated baking sheet. Bake till the crust is puffy and nicely browned (6 to 8 min), turning as needed for even baking.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 332g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||60%|
|Total Fat 10.85g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.57g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.09g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|